On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Don Potter wrote:

> What is the length of the tapetype....using hardware compression you
> will need to adjust the length to what you expect your actually
> compression ratio to be..if you expect each tape to be about 70gb then
> your length would be 70000 mbytes.

Ah... so perhaps this is causing the issue?

define tapetype DLTtapeIV {
    comment "DLTtape IV - 40 GB"
    length 33706 mbytes
    filemark 43 kbytes
    speed 1820 kps
}

That was what the tapetype run gave us. So I guess you're saying that
using the cbn device rather than the bn or n device is creating a
conflict?

I'm just wondering why amanda would abandon partitions... it did seem to
properly determine that it had ~70 Gb to work with...

- Eric