On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Don Potter wrote:

> When taper started writing the dumps to tape and it was determined that
> the filesystem exceeded the expected tape size (regardless of hardware
> compression) the dumps would fail since the dumps aren't capable of
> spanning tapes

Waitaminit... this I didn't know. Amanda can't run dumps across tapes? Why
is the runtapes entry even used at all?

So if I use HW compression and set the length at 65 Gb, and I want to do a
"level 0"  dump (say it's the first dump, for example) ...

host    /filesystem     # 40 Gb FS
host    /filesystem2    # 20 Gb FS
host    /filesystem3    # 20 Gb FS

... Amanda will continue to sense a problem and drop one of the
filesystems from the lineup? I thought that, using "runtapes 2", amanda
would put two of the filesystems on one tape, load the next tape, and
stick the leftover system on it... ?

- Eric