Hi Pablo,

I believe the source of the error you mention is from the client.  You
may need to check the ".amandahosts" file on the client for the user
under which the client runs.  In other words, if in your INETD (or
XINETD) the amanda client runs as "backup", the ".amandahosts" in
backup's home directory probably needs to be adjusted.

I hope this helps you!

Jeff

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 12:06, Pablo Miscevich wrote:
> IŽam running amanda 2.4.2p2 in debian linux (installing from apt-get
> ....)
> My error is :
> ERRROR: backup: [access as backup not allowed from backup@backup]
> amandahostsauth failed
>
> Who is my problem?
>
> Who is the diference in Debian and other linux distributions?
| Jeffery Smith - Systems Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| Sky Computers, Inc. (www.skycomputers.com)                     |