I've been trying to use amrecover to restore some files on my machine
(imagine that!), but so far
each time I try, I get this error on my amidxtaped.XXXXXX.debug file:

path = /usr/local/sbin/amrestore
argv[0] = "amrestore"
argv[1] = "-h"
argv[2] = "-p"
argv[3] = "/dev/nst0"
argv[4] = "my.system.com"
argv[5] = "^/usr$"
argv[6] = "20020411"
amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20020411 label Daily3
amrestore:   1: restoring my.system._usr.20020411.0

gzip: stdout: Connection timed out
Error 32 (Broken pipe) offset 4325376+32768, wrote 0
amrestore: pipe reader has quit in middle of file.
amrestore: skipping ahead to start of next file, please wait...

I see that there is obviously some time out values concerning gzip, but I
don't know really what I am looking for.
Any suggestions?

-James

James Kelty
Sr. Unix Systems Administrator