On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 at 8:32am, Morrison, Trevor (Trevor) wrote

> It does pass amcheck fine.  I was using the root-tar backup type in the
> amanda.conf file.  I did not create an amanda subdirectory in /tmp;
> could this be my problem?  If it is what is this subdirectory for?  I

/tmp/amanda should get created when any part of amanda (e.g. amcheck, or
amdump) is run, and it is for storage of debugging files.  If it's not
getting created, then there's probably some sort of permissions problem.
Or did you specify a different --with-tmpdir when you ./configured
amanda?

> created an /amanda off the root to stage the file before backing up to
> the tape drive.  What have I misconfigured.  TIA.

It's probably a permissions problem.  What user/group is running amanda?
What do your (x)inetd entries look like?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering