On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:53:00PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:42:23PM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > I'm on really shakey ground here, meaning I've never tested it, but I
> > don't think amanda goes looking for new tapes anywhere in the list.
>
> I'm on slightly less shaky ground, as I increased my tapecycle a couple
> months ago, but my recollection is that amanda refused to overwrite used
> tapes until all new tapes had been used.  I know that it requested a
> new tape each time until all new tapes had been used.
>
> Working around this to get my tapes back into the right order is how I
> became familiar with tapelist...

Agreed if you are increasing the tapecycle.  Amanda refuses to use any
old tapes until at least tapecycle number of tapes are in use.

But ahall, the OP, was changing tape types, ait-1 to ait-2 if I recall.
Thus the new tapes were not for an increased tapecycle.  They were
simply unused and labeled with the same label as the previous tapes.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 JG Computing