On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 09:44:12PM -0600, Trevor Morrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I do my backups I use the GNU tar  for my root-tar dumptype.  While
> I was trying to restore a file tonight I would get the following error:
>
> tar: ./trevor/trevor: Cannot open: Not a directory
> tar: Error exit delayed form previous errors
> extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 2
>
> trevor is just regular file in my /home/trevor directory.  I first
> changed into that directory before starting amrecover.  What am I doing
> wrong?  TIA.

tar try to create the 'trevor' directory in /home/trevor but you already
have a trevor file there.

You should cd to the mount point before you use amrecover.

Jean-Louis

PS. That's always a bad idea to have the same name for two different things.
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal