NFS can work, but if you didn't already have exports and mounts
on the machines then not all of the needed daemons would have
been running (the rc scripts check for exports & mounts and only
start certain daemons if they exist.  You can start the daemons
manually (look for what the rc scripts skip in 'if' tests).

tar and rsh should work, but rsh may be disabled in inetd.conf
or blocked by firewalls, tcpwrappers/ipchains/iptables or not
allow access by root.  Try rsh-ing to the SunOS box from your
linux box, SunOS was a lot more permissive by default than
current OS's.

Do you have any free space on the SunOS box so that you could
tar directories and then FTP them over?  If you use tar's
compression option and can delete directories after you FTP
them, you should be able to start with smaller directories
and work your way up through the big ones.

Good luck,
Frank

--On Friday, June 21, 2002 11:39:06 -0500 "Jonathan R. Johnson"

--
Frank Smith                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator                                     Voice: 512-374-4673