in regards to my earlier message "need help urgently!!!"

i am able to use amrestore to read the tape, it goes through the various
files, however i can't get it to extract anything, when i originally made
th tapes i just used plain old compression with tar "comp-user-tar" or
something like that

when i run the command amrestore -p /dev/nst0 filezzz /var | tar -cV
restore.tar it starts to read through the tape, it finds the directory
i'm looking for, but then it stops and i can't get it to put the file on
my hard drive, obviously i am running the wrong command can anyone help me
out here and tell me what command i should be using?

thanks