On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:01 PM,  <flow...@hagsc.org> wrote:
> /* #undef HAVE_GOOD_PRINTF */
>
> which would seem to imply it's using the system printf, as you'd
> suggested.  I suppose I could toggle that and recompile glib to fix the
> problem as well.

No, that means it's using the bundled printf.  That doesn't make a lot of sense.

(I referred back to a conversation I had with John Hein about a
similar problem on FreeBSD)

glib specifically provides a C99-compliant printf implementation, via
gnulib.  However, in glib/gnulib/printf-parse.c, I see:

#ifdef HAVE_INTMAX_T
                  else if (*cp == 'j')
                    }
#endif

so perhaps that conditional is at fault?  Can you check the same
config.h for HAVE_INTMAX_T?  Do the references to the intmax_t type in
Amanda cause build errors?

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer