On 03/23/2012 10:33 AM, Matt wrote:
I would like to be able to make sure that if my backup server dies with a catastrophic hard disk crash, I can get my backups restored from Amazon S3. Right now, I run my backups to Amazon S3. What additional files would I need to copy to another server to make sure I can run amrestore on a separate server to get my files back?

You can use s3cmd to retrieve all s3 objects, cat them and pipe the result to gzip, tar, ...
amrestore require amanda.conf (the changer section)
amfetchdump require amanda.conf, tapelist and all log.* files
amrecover also require all index files.

Jean-Louis