On 10/01/2012 06:55 AM, Attila Bogár wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if this is a known-problem?

I do not understand the problem, one tape is write-propected, so amanda use another tape. Wha'ts wrong?

We have two tape drives configured for taper-parallel-write, but actually there is only tape produced daily. I'm using amanda-backup_server-3.3.1.svn.4677-1.rhel6.x86_64 with a patch from Jean-Luis (see below).

There was a protected tape (by mistake) inserted into the tape drive.

"amcheck -t Daily" did not warn, that the coming tape had been write-protected, so we missed the nagios alarm.

Amanda backed up successfully and it reported, that the backup was to tape Daily-24. This has been repeated for a few days, when I spot it's re-using the same tape.

Question 1: would it be useful for amcheck -t to do a protected tape check too?
This can be a good enhancement.

Question 2: Why amanda taper did not abort when it saw a protected tape?
Why it should not use another tape?
The goal of amanda is to do backup, it try as much as possible to do it.

Jean-Louis