On 10/02/2012 04:58 AM, Attila Bogár wrote:
Hi Jean-Louis,

On 01/10/12 16:13, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

So the bug is that amanda reported:
  These dumps were to tape Daily-24.
which is not true since amanda did not succeed to write to it.
Not exactly as I see the how many data is left on the holding disk after these reports.

I'd refine the bug: amanda flushes to the write-protected tape, the dump is removed from the holding disk (of course it's not on tape), reports the dump were to Daily-24 and re-expects the same tape.

Does it sounds right?

Amanda flushed nothing to the write-protected tape, it tried but it failed to write it.
The dump should have been left on holding disk.
It's hard to believe it removed the dump from holding disk? Can you prove it? Show that a dump was done (log file) and it is not on holding disk (ls)

What is strange is that it didn't write to Daily-25, there might be a lot of reason.

Jean-Louis