There should be an option for 'Ignore Barcode Media ID'

Have you tried enabling that?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Amit Karpe <amitka...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Jon LaBadie <j...@jgcomp.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:20:37AM +0800, Amit Karpe wrote:
> Any idea for my problem.

The last line of your first message seems critical:

> > I could not able to write anything using amdump or dd.

If you can't read or write using standard system tools
like dd, there is nothing amanda can do about it.
Sounds to me like you have hardware problems, either
the tape drive or maybe the cables.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie j...@jgcomp.com
11226 South Shore Rd. (703) 787-0688 (H)

I had ask HP for support. Their log tool saying my labels are the culprit.
He is asking me to use only barcode labeling:
"As per the Amanda Tool output and logs there is one cartridge in the MSL which
has either missing or worng barcode label or the barcode label is properly
aligned as per Tape Cartridge

Please remove all the tapes and check if you find such cartridge and if you
find that then put the Barcode Lable correctly on it and insert it back in the
same slot

This error occurs because during initialzation before beackup the MSL take the
Inventory of the cartridges in the MSL and if there is any mislatch cartridge,
it halts the process of backup"

As far as my understanding amanda don't required any barcode labeling. Then
what is a problem ?
How can I cross check and confirm that "hardware problems, either the tape
drive or maybe the cables." ??

Following link have photos of my tapes. Can someone confirm that having such
label will be the problem ???

http://news.karpe.net.in/hp-storageworks-msl2024-tape-library-1-lto-4

--
Regards