Compression is often a CPU bottleneck, did you check for cpu usage? You can try to use pigz instead of gzip if you have available core.

How many dump are you doing in parallel? You can try to increase inparallel, netusage and/or maxdumps.

You can use amplot and amstatus to check amanda performance.

Jean-Louis