(This is duplicate mail, previously sent, but I weren't subscribed)
In some sites there is suggestion, that config:
#flush-threshold-dumped 100 # (or more)
#flush-threshold-scheduled 100 # (or more)
#taperflush 100
#autoflush yes
helps to do better tape utilization.

But how behave amanda in my configuration (+ these four lines above):

I have defined 1gb vtapes, placed onto four hard disks rotated
(ie. first flush go to disk 1, second to 2, third to 3, fourth to 4,
fifth to 1, and so on)

say on first disk are tapes: alfa-1-1 to alfa-1-10
on second:  alfa-2-1 to alfa-2-10
on third: alfa-3-1 to alfa-3-10
on fourth: alfa-4-1 to alfa-4-10

One day dumps takes 1,5GB and goes to tape alfa-1-1 and (partially)
alfa-1-2.

Then, there were some later dupms that goes to tapes on disks 2,3,4 and
then I should use again disk 1.
And does amanda fills alfa-1-2 or takes new tape (say alfa-1-3)?

KJ

--
http://blogdebart.pl/2009/12/22/mamy-chorych-dzieci/
Pick another fortune cookie.