On 03/28/2013 12:55 AM, Kamil Jońca wrote:
Jean-Louis Martineau <martin...@zmanda.com> writes:

On 03/27/2013 01:02 PM, Kamil Jońca wrote:
Simple:
Say, I have 1 TB disk for vtapes.
I can create 900 vtapes on this disk. But all of dumps have ~500MB, so
only half of disk are used. And only 900 days are remebered.
And I'm curious if I have better utilization for  disk, so I can have
longer period of dumps.
Create 1800 vtapes.
The number of slots should not directly depend on the length of the
tapetype but on the used size of each slots.
But in this case there is a risk to get "no space left on device" when,
in turn, dumps get larger later.
What then?

You monitor the free space and delete older slot if it become close to full.

Jean-Louis