On Thursday 27 June 2013 08:57:18 Jean-Louis Martineau did opine:

> What is in the 'invoking printer' line in the amreport debug file?
> Do you checked that LPRFLAG is set to "-P" in the installed Constants.pm
> file, A recompilation can reinstall the broken one.
>
> Jean-Louis

An amreport.debug file doesn't appear to have been generated.  See my next
post however, a drive problem didn't allow the dumnp to complete, but when
I remounted the drive and ran amflush, I did get the report, and got it on
the amanda.conf selected printer.  Then last night, it worked to the
selected printer again.

But now, no emails since this restart 7 runs ago now.  What mechanism is
used for that?

ISTR sendmail was updated by ubuntu a few months ago, but didn't effect any
other mail traffic that I've noticed.  In fact, according to the package
manager, synaptic, sendmail is not now installed.  postfix however, is
installed.  Do I need to spec that in the amanda.conf too?  If so, how?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
As I currently don't have a floppy drive in my computer, I'd like to
make an `emergency cdrom' ;)
                -- Eugene Crosser <cros...@average.org>
         law-abiding citizens.