On Friday 05 July 2013 13:33:02 Jean-Louis Martineau did opine:

> On 07/05/2013 08:55 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 05 July 2013 08:33:38 Jean-Louis Martineau did opine:
> >> Amanda run a command to send an email, it the command works, then
> >> amanda works.
> >>
> >> What is the command amanda is running? you can find it in the
> >> amreport debug file.
> >
> > Interesting:
> > [...]
> > Fri Jul  5 02:08:01 2013: thd-0x975dd00: amreport: invoking mail app:
> > /usr/bin/Mail -s The Coyote Den STRANGE: AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR July
> > 5, 2013 g...@coyote.coyote.den
> > Fri Jul  5 02:08:01 2013: thd-0x975dd00: amreport: error: the mailer
> > '/usr/bin/Mail' is not an executable program.
> > [...]
> >
> >> Run the same command on the command line, did it works?
> >
> > /usr/bin/Mail did not exist, but is now a softlink to mail.
> >
> > However, by copy/pasting the above to an amanda cli, it is not
workable:
> >   Cannot parse address `STRANGE:' (while expanding `STRANGE:'): Format
> >   of
> >
> > RFC822 object is bad
>
> Don't blindly cut&paste, you must add quote where needed:
>
> /usr/bin/Mail -s 'The Coyote Den STRANGE: AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR July 5,
> 2013' g...@coyote.coyote.den

It would be nice if the man page -s description specified that.  And it
worked, so we'll see in the morning.  In the meantime, I am swapping drives
and trying to get a 64 bit 12-04.2 LTS installed on another drive.  So far
its not fun, networking is being a tantrum thrower.  Works locally, but
can't get past the gateway.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Census Taker to Housewife:
Did you ever have the measles, and, if so, how many?
         law-abiding citizens.