Am 25.09.2014 um 16:12 schrieb Jean-Louis Martineau:
> Stefan,
>
> The "GNUTAR-PATH" property of amsamba is used only for creating the
> index and when restoring on local machine.

In this case it will be restored on the local machine, but I have to
check back with the guys at the site.

> amsamba use smbclient to create the tar file and restore on a CIFS share.
> Do smbclient support NTFS permissions?

I think so but I am not sure from reading the manpage.

It talks about the possibility to read ACLs (getfacl, stat) ... that
should do it. But that is documented for the shell-style access it provides.

In the options for tar (-T) I don't see any flags toggling it.

Stefan