On 8/19/2015 11:12 PM, Gerrit A. Smit wrote:
Debra S Baddorf schreef op 18-08-15 om 23:21:
Thank you, Mr Troll, for complaining about our posting techniques (is this better?) but
giving no actual help.
And you think this is appropiate?

With regards to the posting style, as 90% of my clients use a client that top posts (Microsoft exchange, and it's companion client Outlook) I tend to top post, when my response is in top posting.

As I use Thunderbird for my main non-professional account (this account) it is a little out of the way, but makes it easier to search and follow when using one of the above mentioned MUA/client pairing.

That being said, I have not made much progress on my situation, but I also haven't had the bandwidth to do the deeper digging that is needed.

I know the configuration works, per say, as it worked when all the server/client bundles were on the 2.x branch, and that worked for two years, without any changes.

I upgraded to CentOs7, migrated the Amanda configurations from the backup disk (original hard drives, now used solely for virtual tapes) and massaged the configuration up to being able to pass the amcheck on the configuration. (This is one of the first place I am looking as it is the most likely place for errors, in the amanda.conf, and disklist configuration files)

As all the Amanda logs just stop, on both the client and server, and trying to figure out which server was the last one to check in, or have any activity takes a bit of time, only to see it being identical to a server that completed the backup tasks, makes it hard to troubleshoot.

I am looking over the release notes, and documentation to see if there is a way to make it easier to log amanda dump messages, and maybe send them to syslog, so I can run it through something like Graylog, and parse down from there.

Regards,
Seann