Is this related to the  .amandahosts   file on the server,  which needs to have
a line for each client,  allowing it to access the index-process
and maybe the tape-process?    I have entries like this:

node.FQDN   root amindexd amidxtaped

I’m not certain that both of those are still needed, but there was at one time
a reason I put them there.

Deb Baddorf