On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 04:19:35PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2017 at 06:12:25PM +0000, Debra S Baddorf wrote:
[ snip ]

> Debra -- thank you!!!
> Doing the above caused me to also look at the extended attributes.
>
>   $ ls -lZ /home
>   total 128
>   drwxrwxr-x.  28 gundi gundi unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 gundi
>   drwxr-xr-x. 154 jon   jon   unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0 jon
>   drwx------.   2 root  root  system_u:object_r:lost_found_t:s0
> lost+found
>   drwxr-xr-x.  39 root  root  system_u:object_r:user_home_dir_t:s0     rootk
>
> Hmmm, rootk is "system_u", jon and all the other home dirs are "unconfined_u".
> The lost+found directory is also "system_u".  If this is the problem,
> lost+found
> should also be getting backed up and should appear in the gnutar lists.
>
>   $ strings cyber.jgcomp.comHome_0 | grep '^\./' | grep lost
>   ./lost+found
>   ./lost+found
>
> Sure enough, its in there.  So it a 'selinux' problem, my tar is unable to
> backup "unconfined_u" files.
>
> So amanda and selinux configuration, something to investigate unless someone
> can point it out to me.

Ok, I confirmed my home dir can be backed up with selinux set to non-enforcing.

There is a set of amanda rules for selinux in place, but apparently they do
not give amdump/tar the ability backup all files.

Who provides the selinux rules for amanda?

Are the selinux rules for amanda provided with the amanda sources?  If so,
I don't see them.

Or perhaps they are added by the prebuilt amanda packages I installed from
the Fedora repos (and CentOS repos)?  Again, if so, I don't see them in
the packages.

But then, I get lost in selinux.  They may be there and I don't recognize them.

An aside, anyone know a "Carsten Grohmann"?  I came across an NSA document
on SELinux and it listed Carsten as the the original contributor of the
Amanda policy for SELinux.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)