Greetings.

I'm experimenting with how I can split up a couple of very large
backups into multiple smaller backups.

newlaptop.local.net /home/nothymie /home {
   simple-gnutar-remote
   exclude "./hymie"
   estimate client
}
newlaptop.local.net /home/hymie /home {
   simple-gnutar-remote
   include "./hymie"
   estimate client
}

The problem is that my "amadmin estimate" command does not have any
data for newly-configured DLEs.

So ... is there a way that I can tell Amanda "Go now, contact the client,
and do an estimate of this DLE" so that I can see how well I'm doing?

=====

Separate but related question.

Let's say I have a very recent full (level 0) backup of /home.  If I
split up my /home into two or three DLEs, will Amanda recognize that it
already has a level-0 backup, and then take level-1 backups of the new
DLEs?  Or will amanda see the new DLEs as "completely new" and require
a first-time level-0 backup?

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hy...@lactose.homelinux.net