man amadmin:
        estimate [ hostname [ disks ]* ]*
            Print the server estimate for the dles ...

The answer is NO, since 'amadmin estimate' only print the server
estimate (based on history).
The best tool is du.

Jean-Louis

On 10/04/17 07:06 AM, hy...@lactose.homelinux.net wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm experimenting with how I can split up a couple of very large
> backups into multiple smaller backups.
>
> newlaptop.local.net /home/nothymie /home {
>     simple-gnutar-remote
>     exclude "./hymie"
>     estimate client
> }
> newlaptop.local.net /home/hymie /home {
>     simple-gnutar-remote
>     include "./hymie"
>     estimate client
> }
>
> The problem is that my "amadmin estimate" command does not have any
> data for newly-configured DLEs.
>
> So ... is there a way that I can tell Amanda "Go now, contact the client,
> and do an estimate of this DLE" so that I can see how well I'm doing?
>
> =====
>
> Separate but related question.
>
> Let's say I have a very recent full (level 0) backup of /home.  If I
> split up my /home into two or three DLEs, will Amanda recognize that it
> already has a level-0 backup, and then take level-1 backups of the new
> DLEs?  Or will amanda see the new DLEs as "completely new" and require
> a first-time level-0 backup?
>
> --hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
> hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail