On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 13:33:53 +1100, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> How can I see the contents of gnutar-list files?
>
> I tried tar/gunzip, ckecked amadmin etc but it seems I cannot read the
> content.
>
> Need to know whats in those files to see whether my
> inclusion/exclusion list is correct and why it takes too much time to
> backup one particular host.

The gnutar-list files are produced by GNU tar, and are called
"incremental snapshot files" in the gtar documentation -- see:

   https://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/html_node/Snapshot-Files.html
   https://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/html_node/Fixing-Snapshot-Files.html

If you are just trying to figure out what files are getting included in
your backup, though, a better place to look is probably the index files
that Amanda keeps.  These are found under the "indexdir" directory, and
the index itself is a plain-text (compressed) listing of the paths that
were included in the given dump.

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239