One way is to start a recover:
  root>  amrecover  <config>
            setdisk  /myDLE
            ls
            cd  <somedir>
            ls
repeat until you are sure the contents you wanted is in there.
Recover 1 or 2 of the files, (to a scratch area)  to be sure you
wholly trust the contents.

Actually, another way,  once you’ve done
    root>  amrecover <config>
              setdisk  /myDLE
is to go to your log directory,  in another window,  while that first
window is STILL paused there, and has not exited am recover.
The content listing will be sitting in the  logs /index /  name-of-DLE
directory,  unpacked,  but only for as long as you are still inside the
amrecover process.
    You can copy that file elsewhere, and your purloined copy will stick
around.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab