I'm using

taperalgo largestfit

which I assume means that amanda will write to tape the largest DLE
available. I have 'runtapes' set to 2, and occasionally I'll see amanda
move on to the second tape when the first tape is reporting around 80% full.
I'm dumping almost 200 DLE, so it seems like there ought to be some DLEs
that would fit in the remaining 20%. is there any way to find out (after
the fact) what DLEs were in the queue? I've looked at the taper debug file
but it just seems to have a list of each DLE as it is written.

I'm using LTO6 tapes, so I should have about 2.5 TB to work with. I know
about the ability to split DLEs, but I'm not ready to take that step.

--
Ned Danieley (ned.danie...@duke.edu)
Department of Biomedical Engineering

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2012-02-11/