Xhost, and environmental variable DISPLAY, plus your output needs to be x11.
You can also write a pdf file and print it, or view with an appropriate viewer.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-amanda-us...@amanda.org <owner-amanda-us...@amanda.org> On Behalf
Of Chris Nighswonger
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:18 PM
To: ned.danie...@duke.edu
Cc: amanda-users@amanda.org
Subject: Re: dumporder

ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or
click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.

This seems to work:

amplot /var/backups/campus/log/amdump.1

Running under the amanda user.

However, the issue now is the attempt to write the output to the X11 terminal:

gnuplot: unable to open display ''
gnuplot: X11 aborted.

Not sure what all that's about. So I'm doing a bit of hacking on the gnuplot
script to have it write the results out to a png file.

Chris