On 2018-11-28 09:53, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 28.11.18 um 15:47 schrieb Chris Nighswonger:
So why won't amanda dump and tape at the same time?

It does normally, that is what the holding disk is for.
Really? I was under the impression that it was for making sure you can finish dumps if something goes wrong with taping, and cache dumps so they can be written to tape in one pass. Without a holding disk, Amanda dumps straight to tape, which is technically dumping and taping in parallel.

More details might lead to better suggestions.

Show your amanda.conf etc
Indeed, though I suspect it's something regarding the flushing configuration.