On Tuesday 11 June 2019 06:47:15 am Nuno Dias wrote:

>  Thanks, but I'm already doing that (the exclude)
>
> This is what I have in disklist
>
> MACHINE       /dir/subdir/name/2019   {
>   tar
>   exclude "./subdir/*"

looks wrong, excludes are in the dumptype specified, in the amanda,conf

./subdir in your exclude  s/b sufficient to block any and all access
below that level.  and the dbl-qoutes at not needed.

All of this s/b in the dumptype section in your amanda.conf, and your
disklist should contain only the dumptype which is then referenced to
determine if there even is an exclude, or exclude list if more than 1
exclude, in which case the name of the exclude list is any handy name to
identify to you, which dumptype its to be used with.

I don't believe the disklist is scanned for any exclude info, just the
dumptype, that is what specifies all of that profile.

Copyright 2019 by Maurice E. Heskett
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)