Greetings all

|backup@flamen:/etc/amanda/vtl$ amcheck -c vtl --client-verbose pomerium||
||Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check||
||--------------------------------||
||ERROR: pomerium.romanus.ca: selfcheck request failed: tcpm_recv_token:
invalid size||
||Client check: 1 host checked in 5.814 seconds.  1 problem found.||

An oldie but a classic, only appeared when I updated this particular
Debian client machine's amanda-common and amanda-client to buster from
stretch. (3.5.1-2+b2)

The server, which is also its own client, is fully on buster.  No
problems with it....

I've checked the usual suspects in /etc/hosts.allow and inetd.  None of
that has changed for years though.  And the directory permissions for
the home directory appear to still be correct:

|    backup:x:34:34:backup:/var/backups:/usr/sbin/nologin|

Oh, I am using bsdtcp.

Anybody have a suggestion of where I should look first?

Thanks