Hi,

I know this is not about Amanda, butt this is about backup.

I am trying to find a suitable solution for Windows/Mac/Linux
desktops. Amanda has a major flaw: it is working on a pull schedule, the
client must be available when the server is starting the backup.

But clients tend to have unpredictable schedule, so the backup must be
initiated from the client side.

Few years ago, I investigated CrashPlan, it had a free server (and the
client is always free), but since, they wanted to kae profit by vending
cloud space, no local server anymore. Most of the solutions I can see
are limited to a cloud storage, or a pull schedule, or do not support
Linux/FreeBSD, or do not have any type of scheduling...

I am  looking at restic, but  it is really  dry for a secretary,  and it
needs a lot  of manual install (so the user  cannot be independant). (it
has a huge pro though, the server side is SSH, no work to be done on the
server).

So, what are you using? What would you recommend?

TIA

Olivier