In an installation with two storage definitions with two POLICY definitions I often get report lines like this:

planner: Last full dump of samba.some.tld:boot on tape ARC948 overwritten in 3 runs.

As far as I know this means I have less tapes in rotation than "runspercycle".

It seems we can only have one global definition for "runspercycle", but multiple "RETENTION-TAPES" in multiple POLICY-definitions.

Maybe the concept of multiple storages wasn't realized fully here.

goal:

I have ~50 tapes for the storage "daily" and ~10 tapes for the storage "archive".

"runspercycle" is 12 right now (2 weeks with 6 runs each).

For "daily" that's ok.
For "archive" it's not.

I tried

runspercycle -1 # as mentioned in the manpage

-

Maybe I have to give up trying to use 2 storage definitions in one amanda configuration.