Folks,

I've been using amanda for several years on a simple home network. Hosts are often powered down. Up through amanda 3.5.2, this worked like a charm. If the host didn't respond, it was simply skipped. Hosts that responded were properly backed up.

With amanda 3.5.3, the behaviour has changed. If a host doesn't respond to the planner size request, the planner aborts the entire backup with the error

  planner: ERROR Request to gallifrey.ivriel failed:
  EOF on read from gallifrey.ivriel

I've confirmed that my configuration is generally correct --- as long as all hosts in the disklist respond to the size request, the backup succeeds.

Is this a bug? Do I need to change some parameter in my configuration to persuade planner to soldier on? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As context, this problem came about with an upgrade from Fedora 37 to Fedora 38, with a matching upgrade from amanda 3.5.2 to amanda 3.5.3.

            Thanks,
                    Lou