Hi,

Long time user here. I concur, releasing 2.9 would be a good move and we
might actually use it as an opportunity to get more people working on
Amarok. My C++ is crap but I'm willing to help out with the simple things.

Here's something to spark a discussion on where Amarok should head to:

I do believe that the scope of what Amarok does should be severely limited
in order to make sure we have a GREAT music player instead of a music
manager.
My outstanding issues with Amarok are:
- still depends on Qt 4 and KDE 4 libraries
- plugin system still requires restarting Amarok
- transcoding never worked for me
- MTP was/is/will be broken
- most of the plugins (ex. Magnatune Store) are broken
- and the most important – working with huge collections is painfully slow.
My collection has merely 8k FLAC tracks and just uncollapsing the
collection list can take several seconds.

Best regards,
Michał