| > Gary V <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| > | mess-mate wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| | >> |
> [...]
| | >> |
| | >> |
| | >> |
| | >> |
| > |
| > | Did you install clamav and clamav-daemon via apt-get?
| > | (I assume you did)
| > yes, i did.
|
| | Can you please show me your entire /etc/clamav/clamd.conf file?
| |
| Thanks for your time, here it is :
| LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
| FixStaleSocket
| User clamav
| ScanMail
| ScanArchive
| ArchiveMaxRecursion 5
| ArchiveMaxFiles 1000
| ArchiveMaxFileSize 10M
| ArchiveMaxCompressionRatio 250
| ReadTimeout 180
| MaxThreads 12
| MaxConnectionQueueLength 15
| LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamav.log
| LogTime
| LogFileMaxSize 0
| PidFile /var/run/clamav/clamd.pid
| DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav
| SelfCheck 3600
|
| I don't know why, but you are missing  AllowSupplementaryGroups
| You *must* include AllowSupplementaryGroups in clamd.conf
|
| Any install I have done with apt-get has included this line, so I am
| surprised it is missing.

Ok, i added AllowSupplementaryGroups and after a reboot and getting
the mail, there are no more such errors in mail.log.
I'll look about it closer tomorrow.
Thanks for your time Gary, i'll go sleeping now eh.. 1 hour past
midnight :)

mess-mate
--
Q:      How many elephants can you fit in a VW Bug?
A:      Four.  Two in the front, two in the back.

Q:      How can you tell if an elephant is in your refrigerator?
A:      There's a footprint in the mayo.

Q:      How can you tell if two elephants are in your refrigerator?
A:      There's two footprints in the mayo.

Q:      How can you tell if three elephants are in your refrigerator?
A:      The door won't shut.

Q:      How can you tell if four elephants are in your refrigerator?
A:      There's a VW Bug in your driveway.