Hello list,

I'm confused on how Amavisd-new and Spamassassin sa-update  interact. There
are several previous posts that didn't clear things by me.
Versions:
SA 3.1.7
Amavisd-new 2.3.3
Should I include the updated rules in /etc/spamassasin/local.cf as mentioned
in the SA website?
include /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/updates.spamassassin.org.pre
include /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001007/updates.spamassassin.org.cf

Is this enough?
I also read on previous posts that there should be a "LOCAL_STATE_DIR" =
/var/lib specified in amavisd.conf but that's only necessary in SA <3.1.4.
I also read on previous posts that amavisd could be patched.

And what about amavisd-new-2.4.3?
(I'm still running Amavisd-new2.3.3 but I'm building a specfile to build
amavisd-new2.4.3 on SuSE  9.1 / 9.2 / 9.3. But it's not finished yet.) So I
will upgrade in the near future.

Can anybody clarify how to let Amavisd-new / SA use the with sa-update
retrieved new rules with the different versions of Amavisd-new / SA?

Thanx in advance.
John