Hi Mark,

If I upgrade the Amavis will it go straight on or will I need to reconfigure
everything? just that it's currently running on a live system

I read through the release log and it looks like it would be a idea to upgrade
any way...

Thanks for all your help
Jus

>>> Mark Martinec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 15/11/2006 18:52 >>>

Justin,

> I agree with you with regards to using LATIN1 for the connection, I only
> used it to see if I could get it to insert into the quarantine...
> The software I am used is
> DBD:Pg 1.49
> PostgreSQL 8.14
> Amavis  2.4.3
>
> I don't think it's the 255 chars being chopped,

Would you be so kind and see if the just posted 2.4.4-rc2
solves problems with quarantining arbitrary mail text
and logging to PostgreSQL.

> Do most people use MySQL as the database back-end, not postgreSQL?

Don't know. I'd suggest PostgreSQL when logging / pen pals is used,
purging old records is much faster. On the other hand, Bayes db
seems to work faster with MySQL, so I'm using both servers,
each for a task it does best.