Melissa,

> I keep getting this when I try to post to the list.  Do you know why?
> Your mail to 'AMaViS-user' with the subject
>     @bypass_spam_checks_acl not working?

The list has no active moderators, so I can only guess.

The most common reason is some attachment, e.g. a HTML mail
or S/MIME signature, or attached log or patch.
If this is not the case, try a subject without '@'.

A possible reason may be that your mailer is reluctant in accepting
mail and sourceforge might be doing address verifications.
I tried from two hosts to reply to you directly, and was turned down
right away:
  554 5.7.1 Service unavailable;
    Client host [xxx] blocked using rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org
or:
  554 5.7.1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Sender address rejected: Access denied

which is why I'm posting this to the mailing list, hoping
the mail will reach you.