Giampaolo,

> What if I put PASS as the final destiny of banned
> content? Is the banned content checked against SA *and*
> defanged (in this order) before delivery?

> My setup specifies defanging for banned content. So, instead of using
> banned_file_lover setting, I should put D_PASS in the banned ccat and I
> would get banneds defanged AND delivered to the the folder in the user
> mailbox they belong according to their spam score, right?

With 2.5.0 yes.

With 2.4.* the defanging does notice and act on all flagged content types,
but the catch is the SA is not called when content is known to be banned
or infected, so defanging does not know that it should encapsulate message
and attach a spam report.

With 2.5.0, SA will still be called even if banned file is detected, so
defanging would reliably mark such banned+spam mail with a banned+spam
report.

Note however that I'm reluctant to call SA when mail is known to be
infected (for security reasons), so even in 2.5.0 when recipient is a
virus lover, and mail is also spam, it would not be known to be spam
and flagged as such. Enabling this is just a matter of commenting out
some lines, but I believe I won't do this in a released code.