So I've been looking into why I get so much spam tagged, and I have
figured it out.

Our environment =
* Sendmail
   + virtusertable for aliasing
* Amavisd
      + amavisd-milter
      + sql lookup of reject scores/whitelists/etc

As it turns out, if a message comes in for say
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is virtuser(ed) to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" then it doesn't match in the SQL lookup
and the default scores/rules/whitelists are used.

So I'm guessing that sendmail gives this to amavisd before applying
the virtusertable, yes?  So is there no way for us to determine the
final destination in amavisd?

Obviously I can write a script to parse the virtuserrtable (or source
of it) and copy every rule for the destination to each of the
aliases... but I'm hoping that there is something better, something I
overlooked?  Clue me in, thanks!

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness