Jo,

> Our environment =
> * Sendmail
>    + virtusertable for aliasing
> * Amavisd
>       + amavisd-milter
>       + sql lookup of reject scores/whitelists/etc
> As it turns out, if a message comes in for say
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is virtuser(ed) to
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" then it doesn't match in the SQL lookup
> and the default scores/rules/whitelists are used.
>
> So I'm guessing that sendmail gives this to amavisd before applying
> the virtusertable, yes?  So is there no way for us to determine the
> final destination in amavisd?

It all depends on your MTA and setup. Amavisd just uses mail addresses
exactly as given to it by MTA, and has no way of doing otherwise.

In a Postfix (or other dual-MTA) setups one has a choice to do
virtual mapping by a MTA in front of amavisd, or in MTA after it.
If you are using a milter setup I don't know if you have a choice.