I use a mail filter comprised of Amavisd-new, Postfix, ClamAV, etc.  I'm
having problems receiving e-mail from a major US corporation.  When I
examine the logs, I find that the sender asserts the DATA command and
Amavisd replies with "354 Please start mail input.".  The sender's
server acts as if it never gets the reply or expects something
different, because it never sends another byte.  After 120 seconds,
Amavisd gives up.

Although "354 Please start mail input." should be a valid SMTP go-ahead
response, I'm assuming that the sending server expects something
different more/different.  Is the go-ahead message configurable
someplace?  Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Ken