Tim,

> I have the following for my originating senders:
>
> $interface_policy{'10026'} = 'ORIGINATING';
>
> $policy_bank{'ORIGINATING'} = {
>   originating => 1,
>   virus_admin_maps => ["virus_adm...@$mydomain"],
>   spam_admin_maps  => ["spam_adm...@$mydomain"],
>   warnbadhsender   => 1,
>   warnspamsender   => 1,
>   spam_tag_level_maps  => [2.1],
>   spam_tag2_level_maps => [7],
>   spam_kill_level_maps => [10],
>   spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps => [3000],
>   final_spam_destiny => D_BOUNCE,
>   smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords => ['8BITMIME'],
>   bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],
>   terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0
> };
>
> My mail log says "DSN suppressed", but I thought this was configured to
> send one.

The DSN for spam is suppressed when spam score exceeds spam_dsn_cutoff_level.

Note that since 2.4.3 there are two such levels:

2.4.3 release_notes:

- introduce new variable @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps (also member of
  policy banks), complementing an existing by-recipient list of lookup tables
  @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps. The new variable serves to make it possible
  to trim down spam bounces to domains sending their own bounces with non-null
  return path (envelope sender address) and without DSN NOTIFY=NEVER option,
  but also to frequently abused domains, or to those sending marginal spam.
  When spam level exceeds either the @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps
  or the @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps level, (non)delivery status notification
  is suppressed even with $final_spam_destiny set to D_BOUNCE;

Their defaults are:

  @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps = (\$sa_dsn_cutoff_level);
  @spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps = (\$sa_dsn_cutoff_level);

If your intention is to disable spam cutoff level within a
policy bank, set both to undef:
  spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps => undef,
  spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps => undef,
or set the:
  sa_dsn_cutoff_level => undef,
which achieves the same.

>   warnspamsender => 1,

Don't do this, the 'warnspamsender' is a relict from old versions
and is only there for compatibility with old config files. Sending
of a DSN (= bounce) is nowadays controlled through final_spam_destiny
and the spam_dsn_cutoff_level.

> In testing, I get spam notifications to my spam_admin address (this is
> not configured elsewhere), but the spam is not bounced to the sender.

because of a missing spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps=>undef

> Also, the notification email says "Content analysis details: (998.8
> points, 5.0 required)" but "5.0" is not the setting anywhere, and
> clearly not in this policy.

The "5.0" comes from a SpamAssassin config file ('required_hits')
and only appears in the SpamAssassin report, it has no other
effect. Just ignore it, or for cosmetic reasons set required_hits
in local.cf to your kill level (or tag2 level if you prefer).

> What is the difference between warnspamsender and
> "final_spam_destiny => D_BOUNCE" supposed to be
> anyway?

It's conceptually the same thing, the warnspamsender is mapped to
final_spam_destiny for backwards compatibility. Don't bother with
warnspamsender and don't change its default value, just pretend
it never existed.

> It seems the "originating => 1" must override certain things.
> I have cut it out and am getting behavior closer to what I want.

Don't do that. If you know mail hitting a policy bank is coming
from local networks or authenticated users, the 'originating'
flag is supposed to be set - it allows amavisd to distinguish
between internal-to-internal and inbound mail, among other
things it controls DKIM signing.