I think there should be a notice board on the DRIFT site so you can comment
on the work. But...maybe I missed it.

I think it to say events and occurrences speak for themselves is the usual
way for the artist to absolve themselves of responsibility for their work.

this only serves to reinforce the passive, apolitical and indeed
disturbingly voyeuristic nature of this type of sound art.

A question I often ask myself is ; is this type of work simply a NEW form of
audio tourism? since blaise cenders and the futurists already drove this
'city as narrative' stake into the black heart of ART eighty years ago.
[snip]

Just interested, Robert - who do you believe owns the soundscape?

Pete

--
Dr. Pete Stollery
Senior Lecturer & Programme Director, BMus (Education)/BEd  Music

t: 01224 274601               e: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
f: 01224 274877               w: http://www.petestollery.com

Studying Music at the University of Aberdeen:
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/music/courses.shtml
a m b i t : networking media arts in scotland
post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
archive: http://www.mediascot.org/ambit
info: send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and write "info ambit" in the message body