Further to the posting on ambit of Invisible Fields info, here is some
explanation of the drive and context:

INVISBLE FIELDS
Invisible Fields is a touring exhibition of video art by 12 scottish artists
who have all worked with film or video as a major part of their art
practice.  It was curated and delivered by participatuing artists Su
Grierson and Sarah Felton and will be seen in Scotland, Estonia and Japan
during 2004/5.

The artists all graduated within the last ten years of the twentieth
century, a time when conceptual and post-conceptual art practice was heavily
influential among Scottish artists.  The work in this exhibition was
selected because it seems to draw on that influence, being strongly argued
from an intellectual perspective, but also allows for the input of a strong
visual element which the technology offers.

Each of the works selected has a physical presence, an ability to reach an
audience through visual dynamic and then engage through the depth of ideas
and the questions they promote.  These works were felt through in their
production and are always more about depth and content than technological
showmanship.

These artists look at the world from very different perspectives: through
the relationship of the individual with the outer social world and by
picturing differently the dynamic forces of the physical world we inhabit.

That these artists are all women has not escaped our notice, however it did
not start out as our intention.  We do feel, though, that women artists
were, and still are, under-represented with the art world generally and
within 'new media' particularly and we have no hesitation in redressing that
balance.

These works are a 'snapshot' of the work being made by our peers which share
a certain approach and attitude.  If this raises questions of gender
difference in the use of technology, or of women's representation within art
practice, these are questions that others must answer.

Su Grierson & Sarah Felton, 2004.