Hi Everyone

Just want to introduce myself: I'm your singer-songwriter, physicist musician type with a lot of project on the go. My background is in physics, and the physics of music - the analysis of musical instruments, of acoustical of spaces, and the workings of synthesisers. As a passion I continuously write songs of a blues/folk/rock/funk/strange nature.

One project I'm currently working on is to build midi interfaces with the goal of creating affordable motion capture devices. This is in its early stages, but the possibilities are very exciting. A lot of the design work is done within the MAX/MSP environment.

Other projects include the writing of a comedy musical 'Me and My Monkey', and the constant experimentation with recorded arrangements for my songs. I have recently been piecing together 'scrap yard' samples to make unusual percussion tracks.

I live and play in Edinburgh, so if you are local to these parts I can let you know when I'm doing solo gigs

This list has already been an eye opener - I hadn't realised the quantity or quality of the projects going on right under my nose. I look forward to hearing more and getting involved.

Cheers

Nathaniel Slade

Get a FREE connection, FREE modem and one month's FREE line rental, plus a US or European flight when you sign up for BT Broadband! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband

a m b i t : networking media arts in scotland
post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
archive: http://www.mediascot.org/ambit
info: send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and write "info ambit" in the message body