Dear Sir/Madam

I would like the info below to be added onto your mailing list, newsletter etc.

Can you please advise me how I can go about doing this.

Harjeet Kaur

aerial (brass)

Kirsty Stansfield

The Bonington Gallery

22nd – 30th October

Kirsty Stansfield is interested in understanding our physical environment through sound. Stansfield believes that sound provides us with mental and emotional associations by which we intuitively mediate and navigate the spaces we inhabit.

For aerial (brass), a newly commissioned piece between The Bonington Gallery and NOW, the artist will subtly alter the perception of the gallery space by placing ‘discrete’ objects around it. The viewer’s movement, in relation to these objects, creates soundwaves that are amplified back into the space.

The sound is further modified through subtle interaction with a brass ingot placed within the installation. Through movement and touch, physical materials are translated into sound.

Kirsty Stansfield is based in Glasgow.

• Kirsty Stansfield is currently undertaking a PhD at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design in Dundee.

• Further information on Kirsty Stansfield can be found at www.rufa.net

• aerial (brass) is a co-commission between The Bonington Gallery and NOW for the NOW festival 2004.

• The project has been supported by VIVID, the Department of Computing, University of Lancaster, and the Jewellery Industry Innovation Centre, Birmingham Institute of Art and Design.

• For further information about aerial (brass) please contact Lisa Urwin on (0115) 848 6131 or email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

• The Bonington Gallery is supported by Nottingham Trent University and Arts Council (East Midlands).

• The Bonington Gallery, Nottingham Trent University, School of Art and Design, Bonington Building, Dryden Street, Nottingham, NG1 4GG.

DISCLAIMER:
This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University.

Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.