From: Tvrtko Ursulin <tvrtko.ursu...@igalia.com>

I have noticed AMD GPUs can have more than one "engine" (ring?) of the same type
but amdgpu is not reporting that in fdinfo using the capacity engine tag.

This series is therefore an attempt to improve that, but only an RFC since it is
quite likely I got stuff wrong on the first attempt. Or if not wrong it may not
be very beneficial in AMDs case.

So I tried to figure out how to count and store the number of instances of an
"engine" type and spotted that could perhaps be used in more than one place in
the driver. I was more than a little bit confused by the ip_instance and uapi
rings, then how rings are selected to context entities internally. Anyway..
hopefully it is a simple enough series to easily spot any such large misses.

End result should be that, assuming two "engine" instances, one fully loaded and
one idle will only report client using 50% of that engine type.

Tvrtko Ursulin (5):
  drm/amdgpu: Cache number of rings per hw ip type
  drm/amdgpu: Use cached number of rings from the AMDGPU_INFO_HW_IP_INFO
    ioctl
  drm/amdgpu: Skip not present rings in amdgpu_ctx_mgr_usage
  drm/amdgpu: Show engine capacity in fdinfo
  drm/amdgpu: Only show VRAM in fdinfo if it exists

 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h        |  1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ctx.c    |  3 ++
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_device.c | 14 +++++
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_fdinfo.c | 39 +++++++++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_kms.c    | 62 +++-------------------

2.44.0